Introducing James Anthony Dyson, by David Tresemer, Ph.D.
From the richness of his experience and extensive medical training, Dr. James Dyson has forged an authentic, holistic understanding of the human being into a practical psychotherapeutic discipline.
In mid-career, with more than fifty years of deep engagement with the esoteric teachings of Rudolf Steiner, the spirit at work in medicinal substances, and the therapeutic art of eurythmy, Dr. Dyson undertook the study of psychosynthesis psychology, nonviolent communication, and organizational development.
This book sets out the resulting synthesis of these paths as a unique and powerful interdisciplinary approach to human health with practical tools for those engaged in healing, health care, counseling, and psychotherapy, as well as for anyone searching for insights to support their own healthy soul life.
Table of Contents
1. The Authentic Self
2. The Invisible Human Being: The Potential for Initiation and Pathology
3. Elements, Organs, Temperaments
4. From Physical Organ to the Cosmos, with Psyche Between
5. The Sacred Wound
6. Parsifal Seen Psychologically
7. Heinz Kohut and Self Psychology: A Characterization
8. Wide-ranging Conversation
9. Dyson on the Importance of His Relationship to the Camphill Movement
10. The Challenges of Adolescence in Challenging Times
11. Moral Intuition and the Value of Education
12. Tying Up Loose Ends
Appendix: Eurythmy—Introduction and Exercises